Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mortarion: A Brief Update


I have started working on painting Mortarion and I wanted to give you all an update.  

The original body, the one with too much mold release agent, has been acting as an excellent test piece.  The bone white and gold have turned out magnificently!  When I work the mud splatter on the actual model things are likely going to be toned back a bit.  I don't normally do this kind of effect and I went a bit overboard.  

Also it appears that spraying a model with dull coat helps primer bind to a model.  This leg was particularly shiny, and I was worried that this would be a troublesome spot.  After spraying the model with dull coat, followed by primer, I have had no issues with paint flaking.

I have begun work on my main Mortarion model and I am incredibly excited about this project.  Stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I should have tried the dullcoat then the primer suggestion. I'll remember that for future shiny models!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how well it worked. The paint bonding to the dull coat makes sense, but what does the dull coat bond to? What makes the dull coat bond to the shiny? I don't fully understand what happened, but I certainly will enjoy it.

      Delete