It has been a while since my last painting update. Even though things slowed down for the past few months; I have not been entirely unproductive.
When my friends and I played our apocalypse game about a month ago we had agreed on a 'three color minimum' rule. Normally I paint 5-10 infantry models at a time, but here I had to get 40 models up to code before our game. Rather than being smart and breaking the 20 man squads into groups of 10 I decided to tackle the entire 20 man zombie squad at once.
This was a mistake.
Painting 20 infantry all at once was soul crushingly painful. I began having delusions about starting a Khorne warband. Eventually I triumphed and finished the squad. I won't make the same mistake with the 20 guardsmen.
Here are some shots of my wyvern I completed a while back. I decided to switch out the traditional ammo boxes for some extra flamer tanks. With a Nurgle force it seems appropriate that my artillery would shoot toxic sludge.
I have been wanting to include a dreadclaw in my list for quite some time, and I am finally working on one for my current project. I saw this conversion on A Host of Work Bearers and I was completely blown away. The blog is filled with amazing chaos conversions. I am pretty proud of my conversion work, but I have nothing on this guy. Anyway here is my dreadclaw. I am still in the process of converting; right now it isn't spiky enough.